Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FOR SALE LESS THAN 20 MILES.....jeesh

*CAUTION - POST CONTAINS GENEROUS SPRINKLINGS OF CURSE WORDS*

I just have to rail and vent on some of the stupid people I see on Craigslist (CL) selling their "slightly" used bikes. Really, how big of an asshole does one have to be to spend $1500 - $5000 on a bike, use it once and then sell it because they don't like it?! Could they not have tried maybe a decent used bike off of CL for less than $500 or even buy a decent model Schwinn brand new for less than $500.

I don't get it. I see these asshats everyday on CL trying to sell their multi-thousand dollar bike on CL for retail prices or near retail prices because they found they don't like the sport and now for some reason that is unfathomably an emergency they do not possibly expect the browser to understand must sell this new glorious bike immediately or else all hell will rain down upon them.

I mean, let's get real here, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt before I purchased my bikes, I really wanted to ride. I knew the work it takes to not just ride but to become a cyclist. It is hard. You must want to do it. So did these asshats just have a few thousand laying around and decide what the fuck, I'm gonna buy a bike today. Ahhh shit, this is too hard, I think I'm gonna sell it now.

Ex. http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/3296030025.html - 2 year old bike - Less than 500 miles. Really? 500 miles is like 2 months of riding.

Ex. http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/3321288825.html - Bought a couple months ago. Rode less than a mile! WTF!

Ex. http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/3319450545.html - 2 year old bike with less than 100 miles on it - but the owner goes on to explain how smooth and awesome the ride is. I have to ask...HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW HOW SMOOTH AND AWESOME THE RIDE IS?!

Ex. http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/3318820760.html - Another 2 year old bike with less than a 100 miles on it....

Do you get my point?!

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment