Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pundt Park

I was looking on Google maps the other day and saw what appeared to be a bunch of trails in some wooded area by the house. So last night I invited a couple friends over to go ride it with me and when we got to the area - we discovered it was a county park. AWESOME!

We rode a couple of miles through it last night, but the flooding coupled with the darkness had us traveling pretty slow.

Today, I decided to go check out the place in the daylight. This park is awesome for trail riders. It extends currently about 12-15 miles East to West (including both Pundt Park and Jones Park)and is being added on to as well. The park ranger told me it will extend as far as Tomball which will put it at total distance around 32 miles one-way.

I ended up getting turned around by flooding about 7 miles into the trail, then on the way back I got hammered by a severe thunderstorm. Took my almost 15 minutes to go 1 mile cause I couldn't see it was raining so hard. I had to wait it out at the park shack because of all the lightning. IT WAS AWESOME! and I was soaked!

Here's some pics of the park!






















No comments:

Post a Comment