Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My new bikes

On 6/5/2012 I took ownership of a 2012 Cannondale Trail SL 29'ER 4. While at the lower end of the Cannondale model and price range, let me tell you, this bike is AWESOME! I took it out with my Kingwood gang last night for the first time and was a total beast on it. When I stood up to crank, the output of my legs went directly to the rear wheel. The drive train is great for lower end components. For a sub $1000 bike, it really puts out with no questions asked. I out sprinted everyone last night.

Of course along with a new bike and riding at night, I had to crash it as well. We were trying to dodge a jogger (who wasn't listening) and I decided to go off trail into a grassy area. Well, the grassy area had a ditch a few inches wide I didn't see due to the grass cover and when that front wheel planted, I flew about 8 feet over the handle bars. A little bit of road rash was to be had, but picking rocks out my leg sucked.


On Friday (06/08/12) I take delivery of my Cannondale CAAD10 5 105 road bike. First I have to wait for my Shimano 105 pedals and shoes for the fitting. I can't wait! I'll tell you more about that bike after I get fitted!

BTW, those are my bikes in the image above.

2 comments:

  1. See if you lived here you could have free emergency healthcare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crazy boy!!! But it does sound like fun. I'm glad it's a bike and not a sports car. The video was funny. The guy reminded me of Will Ferrel. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete